With Love

With Love

Sunday, October 14, 2007

Field Trip

So I have decided that the world is not as poetic as I thought it was. I don't even know what that means, I feel like we have talked so much about what poetry is and isn't that now I feel as though it is and isn't anything. So I guess to really confuse myself the world is poetic. I spent a day waltzing, and not in the literal sense, around town watching people. I know that sounds creepy, but I promise there was no stalking and no heavy breathing involved. Rather I just took a day to pay attention, figures that when you are paying attention nothing really happens. But I did notice alot around here that I had never noticed before, its amazing to see what is out there when you take the time to look. So, I have decided that poetry, for me, or what makes poetry, is a compiling of all the unnoticed or neglected peices of the world displayed through a medium chosen by its author. So, for some it is an emotion, or maybe a color, or even a sound or lack of. It is the possiblity of everything and nothing displayed as purpose or accident.

No comments: